There are many users, mostly new users, who are still confused on simple things like how to change the username and password, how to send an attachment via email etc etc. As Hotmail has changed its outlook (appearance), old guides are kind of useless now.
So, here are few simple things you should know before
Change Hotmail Password
Before starting this topic, let me tell you this, changing and resetting the passwords are two different things. Resetting the password can be done via Hotmail login page and doesn’t require you to login to your account. whereas, while changing your sign in password, things are totally different, you need to go through these few steps;
- Firstly, login to Hotmail account
- Now, from your inbox page, click on your display pic (top right corner of the page.), and select “View Account”.
- This page contains all your account information like the recent purchase, add payment source and changing your password as well.
- Now, click on “Change password“.
- Remember, for some security reason, Hotmail ream will send a verification code in your alternative email address or your mobile number.
- Enter that code and you can now change your password.
How to send a file or attachment in email
Sending an attachment is as easy as you send a mail. You just need to select the particular file in order to be sent. Here are detailed steps;
- As you login to your account, from the Hotmail inbox page, click on “New”. Just like you to send an email.
- Now, click on “Attach” from the menu bar and select the particular file that need to be sent.
- enter the email address, subject and message as well.
Remember, file size is limited while sending via email. Therefore, make sure the selected file is below size limitation.
Thus, these are some of the useful things you should know about Hotmail. If you have any confusion regarding these or having some other issues, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We’d love to help.