One of the best things about having Hotmail Login account is that with a single account you can get access to all the products of Microsoft i.e. Xbox, Windows Live, Microsoft Store, Windows Office, Skype and many other. Get your own new Outlook account with the help of following steps:
- Open www.hotmail.com in your web browser.
- Enter your email id and password.
- Click on “Sign in”
Note: Outlook gives you unlimited storage space for emails and attachments.
2017 July update: As the Hotmail has changed its login page, you need to enter your email address first, click on “Next” and only if your email id is correct you are allowed to enter your password. Its kind of long process but much more effective.
Common Hotmail Login Problems
Users may find difficult during login process. It is a simple steps to follow but for some, it can create a whole mess and get stuck in some point. So, here are how to’s and what is queries of login signup to outlook:
- Incorrect login email and password at the time of login process? Most of the people face this problem as either they forgot the email address or password or possibly mistype it. Mostly when typing the password, we type it so fast that other couldn’t memorize. This leads to mistyping. So do recheck on your email address and password spelling before you sign in to outlook.
- Keep forgetting email address or password? For this, I suggest a simple solution, keep username and password same in all your other accounts too. This will reduce the chances of forgetting as you don’t need to remember which username and password you have registered in which account.
- Don’t remember email address or password, need to reset it. Just click on “Can’t access your account” on the outlook login page and go with the instruction.
- Taking so long time or not getting to sign in this may be because of your poor internet connection. So just check upon to it.
- Need to make any kind of changes in your account or profile just go to “Account setting” and feel free to make a change.
Hotmail Sign Up
- Go to Hotmail Login Page or simply open the official Hotmail page in your web browser.
- Click on “Create One“.
- Here, type in your first and last name.
- Enter any of your email address for the username (i.e outlook.com, Gmail or Yahoo!) or else you can create a new email address by clicking on “Get a new email address”(email@example.com).
- Type password having minimum 8 characters including any two – uppercase, lowercase, number and symbols just to make sure your email account is secure and strong.
- Select your “Country/Region”.
- Enter your real date of birth and gender. ( Note: appropriate age group for signing up is 13 yrs or above).
- Enter your country code and phone number. Providing mobile number will help outlook to keep your account secure but it’s not compulsory.
- Enter your alternative email address if you have one (firstname.lastname@example.org) otherwise skip to next.
(Note: outlook can send email to your alternative account if in case you forgot your password so that you can reset it later on.)
- Fill in the Captcha box. Enter the character you see in your screen. If you didn’t get what that character is request for new one by clicking on “New”.
A new account has been created, now start enjoying free Hotmail email service and explore all the product of Microsoft.
If you wish to learn it all in more detail, click here.
Even though it has changed its name to Outlook, Hotmail users can sign in with their old account and have an option to change it to @outlook.com with new version update.
Change Hotmail Password
First thing first, changing the password and resetting the password is two different thing. Do not get confused in this. So, how to change your Sign in password then? Here’s the simple process to follow:
- Get logged in to Hotmail.
- Now, as you land on the inbox page, click on your display image. (upper right corner of the page).
- Now, select “Account settings“.
- From the new page, click on “Security”.
- Lastly, click on “Change your password“.
Outlook, earlier known as Hotmail or Window Live Hotmail is a free email address service introduced by Microsoft. It is one of the old email service which was renamed in 2012 as Outlook. However, as said earlier, Hotmail Email Login users can still sign in with their old account and have an option to change it to @outlook.com.