If you are looking to create an account in Hotmail then this guide is for you. Here, we’ll be talking about the proper way to create an account in Outlook and as well as the problem that you might face while signing up for one.
Before starting let me tell you one thing, Hotmail sign up process is completely changed. In other words, there used to be a full registration form where you need to enter your personal information, create username and password add the security details etc etc. all in one place. But now, in the new registration process, you need to fill up the multiple pages. It’s kind of long process in compared to old one but it comes up with new features as well.
Well now, in Hotmail, you can create your account with any other email address as well. For example, if you already have Gmail account then you can sign up with the same Gmail address. And I’m not talking about the username only, you can literally choose @gmail.com or any other email services that you already have or have access on with Hotmail.
And also, you can create your account with your mobile number too. The only thing you need is your number must not be used before in any Outlook accounts.
See Also: Hotmail Login
Now this way you can remember your email address and as well as access all the service of Microsoft too.
This is probably the first time any email service provider has ever done such thing.
Ok let’s start.
Hotmail Sign up
- Click on this link. Login.live.com
- Now, click on “Create One”.
- Choose your email address. As I’ve already stated above that you can go with new email address with @Outlook.com or @Hotmail.com as the sub domain to do so, click on the link that says “Get New email address” OR you can just enter your existing email address like Gmail, Yahoo, Yandex etc. OR you can just use your mobile number as your email id. If you wish to use mobile number, click on the link below that says “Use mobile number instead” and choose your country code and enter your number.
- Now choose or create your password.
- Click on Next
- Enter your first name and last name in the appropriate boxes.
- Select your country and date of birth. Be genuine on this.
- Now, Hotmail will send a code to the mobile number or email address whatever you choose to be your email id.
- Enter that code and finally, enter the captcha and click on next. In case if you don’t know what captcha is, it is a character in a image and you have to rewrite it in an empty field. And if you’re having problem then you can listen to audio by just clicking on “Audio” next to captcha to listen the characters and rewrite it.
- Now your new Hotmail account is ready.
Now you have 3 option while creating an outlook account. Either you go with your existing email address, create a new email address or register with your personal mobile number. As this is the new service, most of the users are not aware about it and even most of them are confused on creating with existing email address. The thing is simple, you just enter your email address and choose your password. That’s it.
So, these are the new steps and features on Hotmail sign up. Hope you got the point and not confused. In case you have any queries or problems, feel free to as us in the comment section below.